07/11/2012

ABOUT THE COMPUTERS VOCABULARY


We have some definitions about computers that is useful:

Delete: remove something form a computer’s memory: “I usually delete my emails after I’ve read them”

A file: any piece of information stored on computer: “I can’t find the files I saved yesterday”

Create: make something new: “How do you create a new document?”

A folder: a place on computer where you put documents, pictures, etc: “I keep all my pictures in a separate folder”.

Forward: send an email, document etc. to someone else’s computer: “Could you forward me that email from the bank?”

Reply: answer: “Have you replied to Mrs Fisher’s email?”

A back-up copy: an extra copy of computer information: “Don’t forget to make a back-up copy of all your work”.

Log on: to connect your computer to a system of computer, usually so you can start working: “I’ll forward that email to you as soon as I’ve logged on”.

A password: a secret word that allows you to use a computer: “Oh no! I’ve forgotten my password!”

Click on: press a button on the mouse in order to do something on a computer: “To go to the company’s website, click on this link”

An icon: a small picture on the computer screen that you click on to make the computer does something: “This icon means ‘print’”.

An attachment:  a document, picture, etc. that is sent with an email: “Did you read the attachment I send you?”

A link: a connection between documents or parts of the Internet: “Click on this link for more information”.

Online: connected to the internet: “Are you online?”

Download: to copy computer programmers, information, music, etc. into a computer’s memory especially from the Internet: “It’s really easy to download music from the Internet”.

Software: computer programmes: “I’ve just downloaded some new software so that I can read Japanese websites.

Broadband: fast connection to the Internet that is always on: “ The Internet is much faster if you have a broadband”.

Some situations about the vocabulary:

1)      You can save, copy, print or delete a file or document.
2)      You can create, open or have a folder
3)      You can get, send, forward or reply an email.
4)      You should make a back-up copy of your important documents
5)      You can log on by entering your password.
6)      You can click on an icon, an attachment, a website address or a link on a web page
7)      You can search online and download software, pictures or music from the Internet
8)      If you have broadband, you can go for something on the Internet very quickly.







Nenhum comentário:

Responsabilidade Civil dos Notários e Oficiais de Registro: Conforme decisão do STF

  Responsabilidade Civil dos Notários e Oficiais de Registro: Conforme decisão do STF   O Artigo 236, § 1° da Constituição Federal...

Comente sobre o blog:

Contato

Nome

E-mail *

Mensagem *